We’re still overjoyed having won the Employer of the Year Award Tuesday evening at the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards!
To top it off, we were also recognised as Highly Commended for the Customer Experience & Loyalty Award.
The Lloyds Bank National Business Awards are the most prestigious awards in the UK which means that the level of entries they receive are higher than any other. We entered for these awards last year and unfortunately we were unsuccessful. But we didn’t give up, we decided to enter again this year.
We felt slightly more confident this year as we had some amazing successes and projects to be able to include in our submission. Some of these include:
- Hitting our GM targets for 8 months in a row during the height of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Our internal colleague mentoring program.
- The Delivery Group - encouraging diversity of thought.
- Personalised colleague recognition during Covid response.
- Multi-skilled colleagues – allowed the business to succeed during Covid-19.
- Safeguarding customer’s supply chain.
- Partnering up with a customer to donate 600L of hand sanitiser to over 50 local community organisations.
- Donating £1 from all online orders to the NHS Charities.
But these things don’t just happen, it’s the individuals within our organisation that enable this to happen.
To enable our colleagues to achieve projects and successes like the above, we start with ensuring that we really live our Purpose and Values. Once this key fundamental is established, key projects, such as Colleague Empowerment can be driven successfully.
If you’d like to find out more about how our Purpose and Values drive the success of our business, Arjen Cooper-Rolfe, our CEO will be presenting on a British Quality Foundation (BQF) Coffee & Conversation webinar on 3rd December 2020.
The webinar’s are free to join and will be available to register for on the BQF website in the next few weeks. If you’re interested in joining, please enter your email here and we’ll let you know once the event is open to registration.